Thursday, October 10, 2013

Letter To Mac Users

Dear Mac Users

 I am really glad that you got a Mac computer. I know how cool you think you are because you stood in line for 3 days straight to get the newest Iphone/Ipad/Imac/Ipod. I am really glad that you only had to spend $200 more then I did to get your new device.

 Yes I know I am not hip and cool with my PC. I know that Apple products are where it's at right now. I have listened to you time and time again as you have told me how much better Macs are to PC, how having a Mac is great because you don't have to have antivirous, spy wear, etc, etc. I know that when you have a Mac you join the cool crowd and everyone thinks your cool.

I got into computers because I really like them, nothing to me is more fun then either doing a dual boot or a virtual machine so that I can run two different operating systems. I love how I can spend a few hours and figure out most issues on my computer. Or use some code to get the work done that I need to. It was this love that caused me to use a PC, or a Linux if I am really feeling like being adventurous and nerdy. You see a PC is great for doing things like this.

That all being sad, don't ask me to help you out with a MAC issue! Remember YOU chose the Mac because it was so much better then a PC. YOU chose to spend that extra money to get something that was cool. YOU chose a Mac because it was "easier" to use then a PC. YOU chose a Mac because it would allow you to be more artistic. So shouldn't YOU chose to learn how to actually use your Mac?

So no, I don't know how to download songs to your ITunes, I don't know how to get said download onto your Iphone/Ipad/Ipod, I don't know why you can't make a graph/picture larger in your word processor so that your boss can actually understand your report, I can't help you get your Apple TV to connect with your Wi-Fi network, and I don't know why it is that you cannot run any of the great programs that I have on your Mac.

When you finally realize that you have just paid over $200 more just to be able to be cool, and decide it is time to get a real computing device, I will be waiting and happy to show you how to make your machine as cool as mine.

Kindest Regards

A Computer Nerd


No comments:

Post a Comment