Friday, May 7, 2010

The great Clarkson and Binghamton debate

So this is my last semester at MCC, and so I have found myself applying to many of the schools that I would like to go to.

Now I have been able to keep up a great G.P.A over my time at MCC, so this has allowed me to choice whatever school I would like to go to, and get into most of them. While this has been a great blessing it has also put me in a very unusual spot.

From the time that I started to apply I have wanted to go to Clarkson University in Potsdam Ny. It is one of the top Engineering schools in the country, and as I want to be a mechanical engineer, I thought this would be a great place to go. So I applied there and to many other schools in New York, on of them being Binghamton. Now Binghamton has a great reputation as a math school. So both of the places are great schools and would be a great place to get an education.

I got into Clarkson and they gave me a very generous scholarship offer, nearly full ride tuition scholarship, I would only have to pay about $4000 a year for school. But they wouldn't take most of my credits. So I thought, well maybe not for me. So then Binghamton came along and told me that they would take all my credits and get almost full ride also, about $2000 a year for school.

So I decided that I would go with Binghamton, but then today I got word from Clarkson. Apparently I am one of their top choices for a transfer student, and to entice me more they are willing to give me another $2000 a year in scholarships!!

So now I don't know what to do. They are both good schools and cost wise are not all that much different, but I just don't know where it is good for me.

Gah!!

No comments:

Post a Comment